The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) reports that 100,000 schools serve school lunches to 29.8 million students each day and 4.8 billion annually. In addition, 2.42 billion breakfasts are served annually. Many factors go into translating this type of school foodservice into success, and those areas of focus include building space, nutrition and food safety concerns, the wise use of federal subsidies, identifying students who qualify for free or reduced meals, and more.
As school foodservice partners here in the Pacific Northwest, we also know the important roles foodservice equipment can have when delivering food and beverages safely to students safely, efficiently, and attractively. After all, these are the most important aspects of service. Safety is obvious first and foremost. Efficiency leads to a more streamlined service. And attractiveness leads to greater student participation. Considering the volume of school foodservice needs, these are our priority areas.
Introducing New Merchandising Solutions from Federal
We are pleased to offer two new products from Federal Industries that will enhance your school foodservice in the ways mentioned above. For more than 90 years, Federal Industries has been recognized for precision craftsmanship and industry-leading innovation for hot and cold foods and beverages display and delivery. Their products can be customized to your décor and specifications. The company innovates and integrates features of costlier products at a lower price without sacrificing performance and safety.
High Profile Self-Serve Heated Merchandiser
This self-serve unit comes in three sizes and is designed to increase grab and go sales of hot packaged foods. The unit complements a refrigerated unit. Model features that enhance its desirability include the following:* Shelf heating is independently controlled up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit to deliver food products at the recommended temperature.
* The heated display racks, interior sides, and back panel are stainless steel.
* Top LED lights provide maximum merchandising appeal.
* Six standard, customized exterior laminates are available to complement your cafeteria décor.
* The painted base frame is powder-coated.
* Tempered glass is used for strength, safety, heat resistance, and easier cleanup.
* Shelves are adjustable.
* The product is UL and NSF approved.
The shelving is versatile to meet display needs that may change day-to-day. The three heated adjustable stainless steel tiers have price tag rails and can be flat or slanted downward 10 degrees. The heated deck below the bottom shelf can be removed for optimum product display.
Optional accessories include special exterior laminate finish, mirrored end panels, 6-inch legs, casters, front cart bumper, stainless steel exterior, rear loading doors that are reflective or clear, replacement parts, and more.
The New Dairy Air-Screen
This case is designed to enhance the ease of merchandising cold food and beverages to students from kindergarten through high school. Exteriors come in six colors with a white interior. Special features of this case include the following:
- * Moisture resistant end panel with replaceable, thermo-pane glass.
- * Washable condenser air filter with an indicator light.
- * Night curtain for energy savings.
- * Recessed casters with floor locks.
- * Stainless steel slanted display deck that holds 12 milk crates.
- * Front access catch pan.
- * Electronic temperature control with on-demand defrost.
- * Self-contained condensate system.
- * Maintains temperatures from 35 to 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- * High-density urethane foam insulation.
- * One adjustable shelf with LED lighting and price tag molding.
- * Flat shelf that can 10 degrees downward.
- * UL, C-UL and UL sanitation listed to NSF-7.
- * DOE 2017 compliant.
This product comes in two sizes and has many optional features including the following: additional external laminates to choose from, black interior and shelving, stainless steel exterior, additional shelf depths and lighted LED shelves, security cover, sliding rear access doors, and rear door locks.
Benefits of Grab and Go Foodservice Units
These products keep food fresher, safer, and more appealing to students. They reduce labor costs by making service faster and more efficient. They also create an attractive, flexible lunchroom that helps to generate the revenue your school nutrition program needs to provide good nutrition to more students for less.